TERMS OF SERVICE
- Your Website’s Account and Feed. If you request a account to be added to the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your external account and account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Operator may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Operator’s liability. You must immediately notify Operator of any unauthorized uses of your account, your account or any other breaches of security. Operator will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. Website’s staff may from time to time set storage limits for your account’s feed, or take any other measures Operator considers appropriate to manage the Website. Operator will advise you of any such change, and may do so in any reasonable manner, such as posting a notice on Website’s front page accessible at http://www.newquaybid.co.uk. You cannot include advertisements in your account’s feed. Operator may also from time to time change its policies on offering commercial content or displaying advertising, and it may do this without notice. However, Operator may post account entries about its policy changes, and you may wish to check your dashboard for Operator’s announcements about any such changes.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a account, comment on a account, post material to the Website, post links on the Website to material on , or otherwise make material available by means of the Website (any such material, Content ), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not obscene or libelous, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Unpretentious or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Operator for inclusion on Website, you grant Operator a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your account. If you delete Content, Operator will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Operator has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Operator’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Operator’s reasonable opinion, violates any Operator policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Operator’s sole discretion. Operator will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Operator has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Operator does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Operator disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Website links, and that link to Website. Operator does not have any control over those non-local websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-local website or webpage, Operator does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Operator disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Operator asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Operator. Operator will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Operator or others, Operator may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, Operator will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Operator.
- Trademarks. Newquay BID, WordPress, the Newquay BID logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Operator, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Operator or Operator’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Operator or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. The Website, including without limitation all content there available and these Terms and Conditions, may be changed at the sole discretion of Operator and without notice. You are bound by any such updates or changes, including but not limited to those affecting these Terms and Conditions, and so should periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
- Limitation of warranties of Unpretentious, its suppliers and its licensors. Except as otherwise expressly stated, all content posted to or available from the Website is provided as is , and Operator, its suppliers and its licensors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of proprietary rights. You understand and agree that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk, and that Operator, its suppliers and its licensors will have no liability or responsibility for any damage to your computer system or data that results from the download or use of such content or services. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above may not apply to you.
- Limitation of liability of Operator, its suppliers and its licensors. Except as otherwise expressly stated, in no event will Operator, its suppliers or its licensors be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, regardless of the basis or nature of the claim, resulting from any use of the Website, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if Operator, its suppliers or its licensors were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability for any and all of your claims against Operator, its suppliers and its licensors arising out of or related to use of the Website, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website exceed the amounts actually paid by you to Operator during the 12-month period prior to the date a claim is made. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. The parties agree that this Section 11 represents a reasonable allocation of risk.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Operator, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Operator and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Eve Wooldridge, Newquay BID, or by the posting by Operator of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms and Conditions, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the England & Wales, U.K, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the courts located in England & Wales, U.K. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms; Operator may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Newquay BID is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience.
We aimed to design a simply and clearly laid out site which is easy to use for all visitors to the site. However if you are having problems using or finding your way around the site, please use the following guidelines or please contact us on 01637 498599.
The horizontal navigation bar at the top of the page contains the main site links. There are also some useful options on the right or left of each page.
Depending on your machine and setting some pages will contain scrolling content. This unfortunately poses problems for some users. The arrow keys on your keyboard as well as the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow keys should help with scrolling. On these pages you should also find links taking you back to the top of the page.
Browser Accessibility Options
You can specify the font sizes, styles and colours, and foreground and background colours of web pages displayed on your computer, even if the person creating the web page has already specified these. You can also set the colour you would like to indicate links in web pages. This could be useful if you have impaired vision or find certain colours or contrasts easier to read.
A number of downloadable documents available within this site are in Portable Document Format (often referred to as PDF). In order to view a PDF document, you need free software called Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from the Adobe web site by following the link below:
Adobe – Acrobat Reader
If you use a screen reading program which synthesizes text as audible speech you may experience difficulty reading PDF files. The Access Adobe web site provides online tools to convert PDF documents into standard HTML or ASCII text. The site can be visited via the link below:
Adobe – Conversion Tools
This website is built using code compliant with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards for XHTML and Cascading Style Sheets.
W3C is the governing authority on web development standards and practices.
The site displays correctly with current browsers, and using standard XHTML code means that any future browsers will also display this website correctly. If you have a problem viewing any part of this website in your browser, email the web team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following websites will have useful advice and information about web accessibility.
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)