Newquay Business Week 2018
Newquay Business Week is held every October in some of Newquay’s top hospitality and conferencing venues. Business Week 2018 has a wide range of top-class inspirational speakers covering a range of topics, including Spaceport Cornwall, marketing tips and help of all kinds, creative content, social media and SEO, VisitEngland and Visit Cornwall tourism updates and business support, Brexit and GDPR updates, and masses of small business advice.
Brief details of all the sessions are listed below – to access the full brochure for Business Week 2018 please click Newquay Business Week Brochure.
To book tickets to all sessions – please click the Eventbrite link here
Monday 8th October sessions – the Headland Hotel
- Tourism in Cornwall: new challenges and opportunities to succeed with Visit Cornwall.
- Useful, easy (and mostly free) marketing tools for your tourism business from Cornwall 365.
- It’s the time of the marketplace: what’s your plan? Presented by Michèle Poynter and Sam Taylor from Retail Fixers.
- How to create a profitable business without selling: John Harvey, Samphire Club.
- Newquay as Cornwall: ambition and change in uncertain times. With Matthew Thomson from Fifteen Cornwall.
- Using Cornish language in business. Presented by Mark Trevethan, Cornish Language Lead at Cornwall Council.
Tuesday 9th October sessions – the Lighthouse Cinema
- Cornwall Airport Newquay: the UK’s fastest growing airport outside of London: Al Titterington, Managing Director of Cornwall Airport Newquay.
- Spaceport – developing a UK horizontal launch capability in Cornwall. Presented by Miles Carden, Spaceport Director.
- Every business has a story to tell. With James Neale, Creative Director at Idenna Creative.
- Website MOT: is your website working for you? Presented by Sara Pugh, Eight Wire.
Wednesday 10th October sessions – the Atlantic Hotel
- Five brutal questions that’ll transform your marketing content. With David McGuire, Radix Communications.
- How many needles do you have, and how many haystacks? Presented by Aren Grimshaw.
- How VisitEngland can support your business.
- How to find your brand voice (and use it!). Clare Howdell, Stranger Collective.
- Modern Cornish heritage: balancing innovation and tradition. Presented by James Strawbridge, Development Chef.
Thursday 11th October sessions – the Hotel Victoria
- The GDPR update / emerging patterns. Presented by Kirsty McAuley, Coodes Solicitors.
- Brexit deal or no deal? What difference does it make to Cornwall? With Katie Cavell, European Affairs Advisor.
- Intellectual Property and your business. With Sonya Bassett, Coodes Solicitors.
- Small biz support – opportunities, challenges and success. Quickfire sessions from an eclectic mix of speakers, including Unlocking Potential and Hospitality Table Cornwall.
- Eat the frog first. Ann Vandermeulen, Cornwall FSB.
Friday 12th October sessions – the Great Western Hotel
- Eden Project: 20 years young and growing. Presented by Neil Stark, Operations Director at the Eden Project.
- At the top of their game. Quickfire inspirational sessions from a vibrant range of speakers, including St Austell Brewery, Beach Guardian, Final Straw and Bedruthan and Scarlet Hotels.
- Soul or structure, what comes first when building a business? With Nell Smirthwaite, The Benevolent Business.
Business Week is created and delivered by Newquay Business Improvement District.
Newquay Business Week is for every business type, from sole traders to web designers working from home, inventors and entrepreneurs, retailers, tourism attractions, accommodation providers or larger businesses with many employees. Come along and enjoy friendly, relaxed sessions and learn some top tips along the way.
If you are a Newquay BID member all sessions are free! Simply enter the discount code when prompted. Sessions are £3 each for non-Newquay BID members.
Please email email@example.com or call 01637 498599 to obtain the discount code.
Proudly sponsored by
With very special thanks to: